Ari and I both had off on Friday, so we figured it would be the perfect weekend for a little getaway. We both had wanted to make a trip down to Savannah, because we had heard lots of wonderful things of this charming little city. […]
AKA the belated birthday post (I hope this makes up for me not getting you a birthday card 😛 but its only fair to share that your birthday card made me a whole year older than I really was 😉 ) So here I go […]
Lately, I’ve been having a fruit smoothie for breakfast every day and boy are they yummy! I even got my husband to start drinking them and he loves them too! (Although he complains about the banana taste :p ) Hubby wants me to note that the smoothies keep him energized through his whole 50 mile bike ride!
The smoothies are very simple to make and you can spice them up however you’d like!
Here is the recipe:
Throw in blender:
-1 banana (if its a small one, I may put in two!)
-Frozen fruit (I like to use strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, and when I make -the smoothie for a snack during the day, I’ll use mangoes, peaches and pineapples)
-Peanut butter powder (I usually use the regular, but sometimes Ill use the chocolate one! Ari hates this, so I make his without the peanut powder)
-Almond milk (here you can use any liquid you like)
Optional- you can add yogurt, veggies (like kale or spinach), nuts, etc
I don’t measure anything out and just blend away…sometimes I don’t add enough liquid and will have to add an additional splash or two of the almond milk to make it nice and smooth. I’m NO expert here 😉
In the morning I like to have a chocolate croissant with it..YUMMM 🙂
For more recipes check out the recipe tab or click here!
Can you believe it we are in MARCH!? Spring break is right around the corner…or so I hear :p All my patients have been filling me in on their vacations and I’m over here fantasizing away, wishing I had more PTO.. ADULTING.. who said this […]
I thought moving south would spare my skin and hair from drying out..but NO winters down south are just as harsh. In my last post 5 beauty hacks with coconut oil, I talked about how I use coconut oil to re-hydrate my hair, scalp and […]
Does anyone else think of summer time when they smell something coconutty?!
I LOVE the smell and everything coconut. Before I dive into beauty uses of coconut oil, Ill share some of my favorite coconut treats 🙂
- So Delicious coconut ice cream bars // If you love coconut and have not tried these you are MISSING out!! They are seriously my favorite ice cream treat!
- Coconut bars (I could not find a link, but I purchased mine at Aldi) // I seriously eat one every day at work as my morning snack.. and boy do they hit the spot!
- Unsweetned toasted coconut flakes // I like to mix this in with my yogurt and add some fresh fruit! Adds a nice coconut crunch 🙂
- Trader Joe’s Coconut Cashews // All I can say is don’t say I didn’t warn you!! These are truly ADDICTING!
- So Delicious Cocowhip // If cool whip and coconuts had a baby this would be their child. And it does not disappoint. Put some in coffee as a creamer, enjoy with a slice of hot brownie or cookie, pair with some fruit or just eat plain right out of the container! 😉 No judgment here!
Now that we got our coconut fix, lets talk about its other uses!
1. Hair mask – I put this in my hair not only to hydrate my split ends but to moisturize my scalp. I lather two big spoonfuls into my hair and massage into my scalp. I then put on a shower cap and let soak for at least an hour. Shampoo and condition like normal.
2. Moisturizer – Apply a small amount to any dry spots. Small amount is KEY.. otherwise you will look like a grease ball. Ive read coconut oil reduces stretch marks, age spots and wrinkles… Looks like ill be dousing myself in this later tonight!
3. Oil pulling – I personally have not tried this myself, but Ive read swishing coconut oil around in your mouth not only whitens your teeth but kills bacteria and bad breath!
4. Make up remover – Put a couple drops onto a q-tip or cotton swap and it will instantly remove all your makeup!
5. Lip balm – Dab a small amount onto your lips. This is a great for kids too since it is 100% safe to eat!
Let’s Coconut together!
What are some of your uses?!
Ive always wanted to try my hand at making caking pops, so with Valentine’s day just around the corner I had the perfect excuse to bake some sweets! Let me warn you, you will loose all self control and want to devour them all! (At […]
Many have asked how we managed to pay off my student loans in less than a year. I am, by no means, a financial expert. However, here’s how my husband and I tackled my hefty loans.
Our tips and tricks: Start making payments as soon as […]
Right after the New Year, I am already all hearts thinking about Valentine’s Day! What can I say, love is in the air 😛 This year I have been all about the pinks! I think if hubby would let me, our entire apartment would be […]