Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Although this post is a little late…these mugs can be made for any occasion, bridal parties, engagements, Valentines, you name it!
These mugs are super simple, easy and fun to make for your family and friends!
Here’s how to start:
1. Gather supplies: Pick up some ceramic mugs (I purchased mine at the dollar store). Buy some sharpie oil based paint markers & rubbing alcohol.
2. Clean the mug with rubbing alcohol to remove any oils
3. Start drawing. I browsed Pinterest for some inspiration! If you mess up use some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip to remove anything you don’t want.
4. Let dry. Let the mugs dry completely. Add another layer if you’d like to make the color pop even more!
5. Bake. Bake the mug in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Place the mugs in the oven before it heats up and until the oven cools to prevent mugs from cracking. (Remember once you bake your mugs the marker will NO longer come off)
6. After care. It is recommended that you hand wash the mugs, but I have been throwing them in the dishwasher with no problem.